Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council

When can I take my benefits?

You can take your benefits at any age from 55 onwards but reductions may be applied to your benefits. If you are interested in seeing the retirement benefits you would get at certain dates you can run estimates using our My Pension On-line service. This service allows you to access your pension record, check the details that we hold for you and run estimates of your retirement benefits at any date. If you have not already registered for the My Pension On-line please contact the Pension Helpdesk on 01443 680611 and a member of the team will talk you through the registration process.

Retirement on the grounds of ill health

There is no minimum age on which deferred benefits can be paid due to ill health. Your previous employer has to agree to the early release of your benefits, based on information provided to them by an Independent Registered Medical Practitioner. If you think that this applies to you, you should contact us in the first instance and we will liase with your former employer to arrange a medical.